Google Pixel 5 Screen Protector | MediaDevil Magicscreen Ultra-Tough Edition.
Award-winning screen protection. Designed and made in the UK to the highest standards.
Our Crystal Clear Ultra-tough material is the next-generation version of our best-selling Crystal Clear edition material. It's the first time we've updated our material since 2009, and with good reason.
Developed in close collaboration with a British advanced materials company, our Ultra-Tough material is equipped with the best features of both glass and plastic screen protectors, providing the solution to the unending online debate of which material is better.
- Thinner than tempered glass, and yet, provides the same 9H hardness and impact protection.
- Contains no glass and therefore cannot crack, meaning it won't eventually need replacing.
- Does not affect the in-display sensors (e.g. fingerprint & face scanners, or light & proximity sensors).
- Does not reduce clarity or touch sensitivity.
- Compatible with fingerprint & face scanners
- Thin and strong
- Invisible when applied
- Bonds firmly to device screen
- Protects from scratches
- Leaves no markings when removed
The screen of this device is curved at each of its four sides, and as a result, it is not possible for these screen protectors to cover the entire screen. Please view the illustration we have provided in the image section of this product page, of the area of the screen that these screen protectors cover.
- 2 x Magicscreen screen protector (FRONT)
- 1 x Microfibre cleaning cloth
- 1 x Positioning & dust removal sticker set
- 1 x smoothing card
- Detailed written & video instructions
Video Installation Instructions:
Your satisfaction is really important to us, and we will do our best to help ensure that you are a happy MediaDevil customer.
MediaDevil was awarded the UK Department of Trade & Investment (UKTI)'s Business Innovation Award for "demonstrating the virtues of excellent products and a passionate company".
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This is the best screen protector I have purchased only let down by an install that was a little bit tricky. For some unfathomable reason is never properly sealed at the bottom edge which is a little irritating.
This is probably one of the best screen protectors I've had. You forget its there alot of the time
I've been using this screen protector for around 6 weeks right now. At first I was a little bit unsure as it seemed thinner than any protector I've previously used. After a few hours I knew I'd made the right choice. It feels very natural. Almost like you're using the phone naked.
Despite being thin it's highly protective. My phone has been in my pocket with keys, I regularly set it down on surfaces screen down (when I don't want the AOD to activate) and am yet to notice any scratches.
My only gripes with this product are:
* Difficult to Install - When compared to your standards tempered glass protectors, I'd say this is much more difficult to install. Ended up using both protectors in the packet to successfully install. I followed all guides available but could not get the air bubbles out of the first one. The second was much better (although I still have a few air bubbles around the camera hole punch that will not go). This product would benefit from an easy install plastic frame that slots over the device to guide the user into a perfect position.
* The edges of the screen protector don't feel well finished/smooth. They are slightly uneven with bits flaking off. Before my case arrived, it was catching small pieces of fabric from my trousers when in pocket. With a case on it's no problem.
It's worth noting that the customer service from this company is exceptional. I had some questions prior to purchase. The extremely friendly co-founder of the company (Callum) emailed directly with answers and offered to help with anything else needed. More companies need to take this approach when communicating with customers! :)
Overall I would highly recommend. You won't want to return to a tempered glass style after a couple days using this ;)
Application easy enough, and appreciate that there's 2 in the box.
However once applied I found the screen just became smudgy and greasy quickly. Even after cleaning to a clear shine with a microfiber cloth, a few hours later it's just covered in fingerprints.
In the end I had to remove it. Whatever the pixel 5 screen is coated in from the factory works well and I have no fingerprints once this protector is removed.
Hi Rob, I hope you're well and I'm sorry your experience couldn't be better this time.
Your phone has a (really expensive) oleophobic layer on it, which is what reduces fingerprints by such a large degree. Our Ultra-Tough edition is really popular but if there's one particular advantage the naked screen has, it's that.
What I would suggest is washing your hands at least once an hour as the marks are from skin oils, which is generally advisable now anyway, due to COVID. I also clean my phone screen as least once a day using our Magicpotion spray (other sprays are available), because of the bacteria that phone screens harbour. Do those two things and it will make a noticeable difference.
Best wishes, Callum
This really is a fantastic screen protector - a great alternative to glass protectors that are prone to chipping/cracking! It is a little fiddly to get on the device, especially considering the corner punchhole for the camera (I like to think I'm steady handed but even I took a couple of tries to align it just right), but once it's on and you've waited a couple of days for it to settle it's like it's not even there. Even with the fiddling I'm still rating 5 because it's worth it.